Sod Installation, Topdressing & Over-Seeding
Whitby Landscaping & Gardening offers professional sod installation, topdressing & over-seeding
Our team has the experience and equipment to ensure a professional project. We will work with you to find the treatment that works best for your lawns condition. Our team takes the time to ensure a professional result and that your property is always tidy.
All of our installations include instructions which can be downloaded here. (PDF File)
Proudly Serving the Following Areas.
Installation of Kentucky Bluegrass sod from local sod farms. Removal and levelling or existing grass. Topdressing & Over-seeding with peat moss soil.
De-thatching, raking of grass and leaves. Fertilizing and weed control solutions. Topdressing and over-seeding with triple-mix soil. Sod Installation.
Topdressing soil contains a mixture of sand and peat moss to fill low areas of the lawn and spread evenly. Over-Seeding with Scots seed.
Lawn Services Include:
- Kentucky Bluegrass Sod Turf Installation
- Lawn Levelling
- Lawn Grading
- Topdressing with Soil
- Over-Seeding with Scots Seed
- Spring & Fall Raking & De-Thatching
Sod Turf Installer
Transforming a yard from a plain green space into a living environment is as important as building or renovating a home.
If you are looking for a good investment, step outside your house. Studies have shown that properly done landscaping provides the highest return on investment of any type of home improvement. Landscaping can bring a recovery value of 100% – 200% at selling time. What better reason to invest in your property now and enjoy the benefits of an enhanced outdoor lifestyle.
Kentucky Bluegrass Sod Turf Installation
- Removal of the Existing Turf Grass
- Levelling & Grading Property
- Adding Additional Topsoil
- Installation of Turf Grass
- Soaking with Water
Whitby Landscaping & Gardening will assist you with grass and lawn care rejuvenation.
The process begins with removal of existing dead or weed infested grass. The soil is removed from the property to a specified depth. Soil amendments are added such as triple-mix. Leveling and grading of the property to allow adequate water drainage is observed.
Laying of the sod by staggering it with each new row that the seams are offset from each other. Sod is cut around all interlock, driveway, and garden surfaces.
Watering thoroughly is the most important part of the development of the root system of your new sod lawn.
Mowing should be completed by one week after the installation. It is recommended that the lawn mower cutting height be adjusted to the highest position until the sod is fully rooted.
Kentucky blue grass is a cool season lawn grass. Bluegrass can be planted from seed or sodded and is one of the most popular turf grass lawns in Northern America. Bluegrass requires medium amounts of lawn care and makes beautiful home and sports grasses.
Installer of Rain Bird Irrigation Systems
With this fully automatic, in-ground sprinkler system watering your lawn, you can spend your weekends enjoying your yard instead of constantly moving hose and sprinklers. This high quality Rain Bird system is designed for easy do-it-yourself installation and will help you maintain a beautiful, green lawn season after season. If you’re tired of brown spots in your yard and getting uneven results with manual watering, this new automatic system is the perfect solution. Considerably less expensive than a professionally installed system, it provides precise, even coverage along with true automatic watering convenience.
Rain Bird Ground Automatic Sprinkers
- Waters your lawn automatically the whole season
- Eliminates constant hassle of hose and sprinkler adjustments.Sprinkler type: pop-up gear drive rotor
- Attaches to an outside faucet and installs in one afternoon
- Sprinklers retract into ground for a clean uncluttered appearance and easy mowing
- Covers medium size lawn areas from 1000 to 3000 square feet with average residential water pressure and flow
- Professional grade hose-end timer and dependable 32SA rotors
- System not designed for expansion: adding additional tubing length or rotors may negatively impact system performance including reduced spray distance, rotor non-rotation, and rotors not popping up to water